Wednesday, August 6, 2014

ONE YEAR OLDER AND LUCKIER, TOO

Can't think of any better way than starting my 22nd year with the parental units, my 3 stooges, world's hottest husband, and some best friends.

Birthdays are a huge deal in the Call house. 
When I wake up on August 5th every year, it feels like a national holiday.
Every square inch of my room filled with balloons and candy bars, a giant blow-up birthday cake in the front yard, breakfast in bed, and cheering and chanting as you open your presents. 
In the Call house, when you turn a year older, you are a celebrity. No questions asked. 

Cole's family (and the rest of the world) isn't like that.
They're super happy you were born, but you carry on, like any other day.

So, when we were first married, and I woke up on August 5th, I was super confused.
Um, hello! Where are my balloons and posters and rehearsed birthday song?!

So, I had to learn to lower the super high (& super unrealistic) bar that my overly-fun parents had set.

But, this year, while I was reminding myself not to have these unfair expectations, Cole was busy raising the bar, instead.
And he gave me THE BIRTHDAY OF CHAMPIONS.

When I opened his gifts, it was almost overwhelming. Not because they cost a million dollars, or because they were overly extravagant. But because every time I tore that wrapping paper back, it was SO evident how well my wonderfully wonderful husband knows me. Seriously even better than I do. I didn't really know what I wanted for my birthday, and every time I opened his present, I was like "OH MY GOSH, YOU'RE RIGHT, I WANT THAT SO BAD!" He's the best friend ever.

If you didn't know, I'm a 5-year-old at heart. I am surrounded by the most incredible bakers/cooks ever, but if you ask me what cake I want on my birthday, I will always say FUNFETTI! regardless.

GET THIS, my husband went to his dad's bakery, and made me the best funfetti cake I have ever even dreamt about, FROM SCRATCH.

F R O M  S C R A T C H, people.

He then proceeded to throw me a birthday BBQ with all my favorite friends.

I'm WAY too lucky. And WAY too in love with that man. 

'Twas the best birthday ever, with the best people ever!
















^^hahaha. this is why i have a crush on him.



No comments:

Post a Comment