Tuesday, September 24, 2013

My Biggest Fear.


I think my biggest fear is being a parent.
But seriously.
I have watched myself and my siblings fail my parents multiple times, even though they've done everything right.

That scares me.

Sometimes you have FHE every monday, family prayer and scripture study every night, you go to the temple regularly, you fast and pay your tithing and magnify your church callings, and your children STILL manage to get lost in the world.

You can be the best member of the church to ever have lived, and in the end, your kids are still going to have agency.

I don't want to fail as a parent. I don't want to accept the fact that even after doing all you can do, your kids could still end up miserable. I'm scared of that.

But ready my scriptures last night, I felt a little better. God has a plan. He knows I'm just a 21-year-old girl, and that I'm going to make mistakes as a parent. I've never been a mom before, I'm going to have to just figure it out as I go. He knows that my kids are going to have agency, and that I can only do so much as an Earthly parent. This Gospel is about families, and as long as I am working my butt off to keep mine together, He will help me with the rest.




No comments:

Post a Comment