Monday, July 15, 2013

Ain't No Party Like A Bachelorette Party.

Chloe and Janessa and I had this genius idea to have an "Ice Cream Bar" for Lachelle's bachelorette party. 
We would get this ice cream maker, and then have lots of toppings. 
So I ordered these cute ice cream cups and wooden spoons and the whole nine yards. 

When we went to pick up the ice cream machine, IT WAS SO HEAVY. Like, the heaviest thing I have ever had to carry. It took 4 people to carry it, including both my brothers and my mom. That was our first problem. 

The second problem, was that I am a complete spazz. To make the ice cream, you pour this giant bag of basically ice cream soup into the top of the ice cream maker, and then the ice cream maker spins it for about an hour until it is ice cream and not soup anymore. 
So Chloe came over with the bag of ice cream soup, and we COULD NOT get the spout on the bag open to pour it. So I had this genius idea that I would just cut the whole top off with scissors, and just pour it in. Let me remind you, this bag is HUGE. And it is freakishly heavy. 
So we cut the top of the bag off. But I then realize that it is taking both of my arms just to hold the freaking bag. I'm not really sure how I am going to slowly pour the bag into the machine. So I kind of just threw it into the machine. 
Let me remind you that I AM AN IDIOT. 
Have you ever seen a tsunami?
Ok. Keep that picture in your mind, except instead of ocean water, ice cream soup. 
It "tsunami'd" over all 4 sides of the ice cream machine, all over me, all over Chloe's phone, and all over the tablecloth and decorations. 

After the party was over, Cole and I went to sleep. 
I woke up at around 1:00 in the morning to an absolute downpour of rain.
And the freaking ice cream machine was outside. 
Luckily, we had set it up under a massive tree, so it wasn't getting wet.
But then it started to rain way harder. 
So I am frantically covering it in as many blankets as I can find. (I am not the most rational person in the world at 1AM). 
And the blankets are starting to all get wet. 
I run to the garage, and we don't have a tarp. 
All we have is like 50 wooden pallets that Cole uses to make the American Flags. 
So I am dragging these wooden pallets outside in a complete panic, banging them on my shin every time I take a step, and screaming…at 1:00 in the morning…(my poor neighbors). 
I throw them on top of the already damp blankets, and cover the pallets with even more blankets, making a homemade tarp. 
I then remember that I am supposed to drain the ice cream soup out of the machine, so it won't rot in there overnight. 
So I am standing in the pouring rain, soaking wet, balancing this ghetto homemade tarp, and draining ice cream soup out of the heaviest machine in the world. But draining is really not the word I am looking for, seeing as how the ice cream soup was literally dripping out. 
I FINALLY get all the soup out, and by this time, it is raining so hard, that not even the tree is providing any shelter anymore. It is just absolutely pouring. 
So I go and wake up my poor husband, at (by this time) 2:00 in the morning, even though he has to work at 5:00AM, and drag him to help me carry in this ice cream machine, even though it took 4 people who are way stronger than me to carry it in the first place. 
So it's 2:00 in the morning, I am crying my eyes out, we are soaking wet in our pajamas, trying to carry this ice cream machine. 
It was the most chaotic night of my entire life, but after 95,000 prayers, we finally got it inside, along with 9 sopping wet blankets, and a couple broken wooden pallets. 

The moral of the story is - sometimes it's probably OK just to buy storebought ice cream, even though an ice cream machine would be way cooler. 
That is definitely one of my weaknesses. SOMETIMES IT'S OKAY TO GO THE EASY ROUTE. 

Here's how it ended up:

Here is the video we made for this wonderfully chaotic event:

No comments:

Post a Comment