Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Jakey Face.

Well. My best friend in the whole world (aside from Cole) turned part of his mission papers in on Monday. 
Hi.
My whole teenage life and my first year in the 20's, all I have ever wanted is for him to go on a mission. Mostly now because I get to see the blessings of Cole serving a mission firsthand every single day. 
And now that's it's really here, I CHANGE MY MIND.
I don't know how I'm supposed to survive without him?!
I mean. Who will call me and tell me the "status of the day" from a certain girl we do not wish to associate with.
Who will sing at the top of his lungs at the exact moment everyone is trying to take a nap?
Who will order a shooting sleeve online for ward basketball games like it's a normal thing?
Who will do victory dances out of the blue every 4 hours throughout every day?
Who will speak of some anime TV character as if he is God, himself.
Who will show me new music and funny youtube videos?
Who will bring me lunch at work every day and refuse to let me pay him for it?
Who will tickle my mom until she pees her pants just because?
Who will tell me useless facts he looks up on the Internet in his spare time?
Who will walk around in oversized sweaters with strange creatures on them?
Who will have a weird slang language no one understands with his friends?
Who will make a game out of any and everything?
Who will tell me when the boy I am dating isn't the one for me, and tell me when he is?
Who will give wedding toasts about how he wants me to "pop one out" so he can be an uncle?
Who will blow in Callie's face until she is so frustrated she can't handle it?

I guess God's timing is always right. I wouldn't have survived if he would have decided to leave a single second before I got Cole in my life. I guess I can survive if I have one or the other, but I would lose my mind without both. 

I don't want him to leave anymore, but MAN, am I proud of him for making this decision. There has never been a human more equipped to serve people ever in the history of the world. 

I love my brother. I love my best friend. And I can't wait to struggle without him. I couldn't ask for anything more!






























No comments:

Post a Comment