Sunday, August 11, 2013

The Wedding Book Part II.

I told you I'd share some posts from the book, just to give you an idea of how it works. 
Obviously, some of them are too personal, so I'll just write a couple!

July 28, 2013:
Dear Cole,
Today we talked about hard-work for a long time. That's the thing about you that will never cease to amaze me - you were born with this need to work your hardest at all times. It just comes naturally to you, and you can't understand why anyone would ever even try and take the easy way out. I love that about you. I am so lucky to be married to such a hard-working, ambitious man. You make me want to work harder, and you never forget to tell me how grateful you are for the times when I do work my hardest. Thanks for working harder than anyone else, and thanks for always making it a point to notice and recognize when I work hard. 

July 27, 2013:
Amanda-
So today you made me feel really special by supporting me and going out with my police friends from work. You are the proudest, most supportive wife in the entire Milky Way Galaxy! It's hard being a cop - but you make it feel like the easiest career. You know how much it means to me, but I hope you know more importantly how much YOU mean to me. I love you!

July 20, 2013:
Dear Cole,
Like 4 days ago I made a 1.2 second comment about how one of my hair products was almost gone. Seriously, it was so fast and vague that it doesn't even count as a human conversation. Today I came home and you had bought me more. You thought about me 4 DAYS after a HALF OF A COMMENT, and went out and found the exact brand of the exact product I use. I didn't hint, ask you for it, or even mention it again. Honestly, I didn't even think you were listening, I was more talking to myself. You're WAY too thoughtful to be a human being. You're an alien and I want to keep you forever. 

July 31, 2013:
Amanda-
Everyone knows that Amanda Grace Call Peterson is the most baby hungry human being. I know that, you know that, everyone knows that. Most of the time we joke about how your strange cravings indicate you're pregnant, or how you wanted to buy baby clothes online for a child that doesn't even exist yet. But when it all comes down to it, I'm freaking excited for the day when we become parents. You and I both know that it will be the cutest baby in the whole world, and the thought of it being mine just really gets me excited. Whether it's a boy and I teach him to build stuff and treat girls and do manly things; or if it's a girl and I teach her how to hate boys and be cute and hate boys some more - either way I am sooooo excited. You are going to be the ultimate mom, I know it. A lot of that comes because you have the ultimate mom, too. I wouldn't have changed anything about you. I love you!

August 2, 2013:
Dear Cole,
You're working the graveyard shift for the first time tonight. It's midnight. The hardest adjustment for us when we first got married was learning how to sleep in the same bed. We haaaated it. Now I can't think of anything worse than laying in this bed without you right now. I miss you! Come home to me.

August 2, 2013:
Amanda-
I thought it was going to be hard to write something nice everyday, but once I realized how many things I love about you, it has been really easy. You are just a really genuine person. You care so much about others and there just aren't people like you in the world. Don't let anybody think you're anything but perfect. I seriously look up to you. OH, and on a separate note, I just remembered your voice rules. Make me a CD. I just love everything about you! EVERYTHING. But seriously, I do.


It goes on and on and on like that, because we write in it every night. 
I just am really blessed to have married someone who makes it a point to tell me the good things about myself.
And I'm really blessed to have sleepovers every day with someone who is so terribly easy to write wonderful things about.










No comments:

Post a Comment