Thursday, August 22, 2013

In The Blink Of An Eye.


url.jpg
So, I've posted this quote before I think.
Somewhere on this 95,000 page long blog. 

Seriously guys, this week has just been filled with a million answered prayers.
And I am not one who is used to getting "overwhelming" answers to my prayers. 
I'm just used to the simple stuff, you know?
You pray about something that is eating you up, and then He comforts you through the scriptures, or institute, or some random conversation with your mom.
So this week has just really rocked my world. 

ANYWAY. 
You all know that I went through a trial that lasted a couple years.
And when I finally escaped from it, I guess the bleeding had stopped, but the scars were still there.
You know?

I've never really gone into detail the things I experienced, but we'll just say it was something that you don't fully get over just because you've changed. 

And even after I got married, I found myself feeling sorry for myself about it.
And I would have nightmare after nightmare after nightmare about it, almost every night.
And it was frustrating, you know?
On one hand, I worked REALLY HARD to leave it in the past. And I felt frustrated that it continued affecting me in ways I couldn't control such as dreams and subconscious fears. 
And on the other hand, I have the best life ever. I married the man of my dreams, and our lives are happy and content.
So it was hard not to feel "guilty" for even wasting a second-long thought on something so awful.

So I prayed about it.
It was a very simple prayer, but it was sincere.

And this week, as I have been receiving all these answers to my prayers, I started to think about the ways He has chosen to answer my other prayers. 
And I started to think about that prayer that I could "forget."
And I realized that I haven't been thinking about it.
I don't know how long it's been like this, but it sure looks like it's been a long time. 

"Isn't it funny how day-by-day nothing seems to change, but when you look back everything's different."

I could write an entire encyclopedia solely on the different ways He has answered my prayers.
I'm a lucky girl!
And a grateful girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment