Monday, May 6, 2013

Day Four: Favorite Quote and Why?

John Green is my favorite author.
Everything he says I immediately relate to.
You guys, he affects me to the core. I don't just read his words and think, "Oh, that was a pretty good sentence." I read his words and get tears in my eyes and feel my skin chill my bones.

So here are a few quotes by him, that have affected my organs:

Ok. I started to write all my favorite quotes by him. And there ended up being a trillion. And I obviously couldn't narrow it down to only my favorites, because they are all my favorites. So I have decided to write my favorite quotes from my favorite book, which is, "The Fault In Our Stars."

"We need never be hopeless, because we can never be irreparably broken."

"I fell in love the way you fall asleep: slowly, and then all at once." 

"My thoughts are stars I cannot fathom into constellations."

"That's the thing about pain…It demands to be felt." 

“Sometimes, you read a book and it fills you with this weird evangelical zeal, and you become convinced that the shattered world will never be put back together unless and until all living humans read the book.”  


“Some people don't understand the promises they're making when they make them," I said.
"Right, of course. But you keep the promise anyway. That's what love is. Love is keeping the promise anyway.” 

“I believe the universe wants to be noticed. I think the universe is inprobably biased toward the consciousness, that it rewards intelligence in part because the universe enjoys its elegance being observed. And who am I, living in the middle of history, to tell the universe that it-or my observation of it-is temporary?” 

“Some tourists think Amsterdam is a city of sin, but in truth it is a city of freedom. And in freedom, most people find sin.”  


“The real heroes anyway aren't the people doing things; the real heroes are the people NOTICING things, paying attention.” 


No comments:

Post a Comment