Monday, April 1, 2013

Easter Weekend.

Hi. 
So let me just start off by telling you something you might not know about me.
I am a tradition JUNKIE.
I love traditions more than anything in this whole world, and I LOVE teaching Cole my traditions, and learning his traditions.
We did a little off both this weekend, along with starting our own traditions, and I ate up every second of it!
This is my "I don't even know what to do I'm so excited it's Easter weekend!" face. 

And this is Jake's Easter face apparently!
Scared the crap out of Cole. Best start to Easter weekend ;)

But the REAL start to our Easter weekend, was how we matched on accident. Like. SERIOUSLY matched. I loved it, Cole…pretended to love it :) I'm one of those cheesy wives who tries to match every Sunday. Sue me. 

We have realized that we pretty much use every holiday as an excuse to go shooting. 
AND THIS TIME I HIT THE BULLS EYE!!!
Of course, Cole hit the bulls eye every time…
BUT LET ME HAVE MY GLORY!!!
We also blew up balloons and tied them to trees and bushes, so the blind wife here could see when she hit a target. So genuis. 
Also. Have I ever told you how hot my husband is when he's shooting? 
The muscles. The concentration. The manliness. 
I die. 




And hellooooOOOO. 
Could the view from Saratoga Springs be any prettier? 
Easter weekend came with a new desire to live in Saratoga. (I'll convince him someday).

The day was followed by a date at Texas Roadhouse, where we got caught up on all the March Madness games (since we don't have cable), and set a new world record for Rolls Eaten While Scalding Hot. 

Also, good news! Cole is slowly learning how to tip waitresses thanks to Yours Truly.
You're welcome working class of America.

The day also consisted of making Rice Krispie eggs with my mother!
The recipe is literally, "MO BUTTA, MO BETTA."
The gooey, buttery goodness from heaven went in a basket along with a thousand pounds of candy, a dart gun, a summer tanktop, and new "cop" sunglasses. 

Cole wasn't aware of the "Easter Basket Tradition," so I bought new bras from him. :)
[]
[]
[]
[]
[]
[]
[]
[]
Sunday we attempted to go to church. 
We arrived 20 minutes late, missing Sacrament. 
(BUT WE DID FINALLY PAY TWO MONTHS WORTH OF TITHING)
So we decided to go to our old Single's Ward with Ammaron! 

 





The dude who spoke had his entire 40 minute talk of pure scriptures MEMORIZED.
So that was pretty cool, but we really just had a struggle of a day. 
ADHD, I guess. 



But what I DID feel in the small portion of church I could sit still long enough to pay attention to,
was that Christ lives. 
And that is something that took longer to develop in my testimony than others, but something I now believe with every fiber in my being.

Then we went to the In-Laws house for dinner! 
I love my In-Laws. I can't even tell you how much.
I hang out with Cole's brothers for HOURS. It just feels like they're my own brothers.
I LOVE IT SO MUCH. 
They were babysitting their cousin's puppies.
As if Cole wasn't puppy-hungry enough before…





We ended the day playing GIANT CHESS and watching Cupcake Wars.
I am one holiday more in love with my wonderful husband, and I can't wait to spend an infinity more Easters with him.





I hope the rest of you enjoyed your holiday weekend as much as we did!
xoxo.


No comments:

Post a Comment