Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Ignorance Is Your New Best Friend.

I am really upset today. I am REALLY upset today.

One of the coaches from Lone Peak is being accused of many things. The more mouths the accusations leave, the bigger the story gets.

Last week, for Mitch's 15 birthday, we went to the Alpine Country Club. I have never been more disappointed in the human race than I was, standing it that line, listening to women - listening to MOTHERS - rag and rag and rag on their peers. I was embarrassed even breathing the same air as them.

What do we call this, kids? We call this GOSSIP. And we call it ignorance. And we call it hate. And what is the point? Honestly. What are you getting out of hating a coach you had 3 years ago? What is the point of looking down on a mom who has "goody-goody standards?"

I am sick of it. I am absolutely sick of it.

People are just trying their hardest, dangit. Who are we to expect more? Isn't that what the rest of us are doing? Just trying our hardest?

Maybe I'm taking it too personally. Maybe it's because I went to the temple this morning, and was reminded that absolutely none of this matters if it isn't contributing to our journey back to God. Maybe it's because I just got married, and have been experiencing unconditional love and forgiveness more frequently than usual. Maybe it's because I have made more mistakes than your average person, and would be devastated if my peers stood in line at the Country Club and talked about them without giving me the benefit of the doubt.

I'm just tired of it.

"Church isn't a museum for good people. It's a hospital for the broken."
This quote affected me this week.
We find it true when we are the broken ones, and then we turn around and expect everyone else to be perfect and "good."

Well, I say, LET THEM BE BROKEN.
Who are we to expect any more of them?
I stand by my belief that people are just trying their hardest.

"It's a wonder I haven't abandoned all my ideals, they seem so absurd and impractical. Yet, I cling to them because I still believe, in spite of everything, that people are truly good at heart." -Anne Frank

No comments:

Post a Comment