Monday, January 7, 2013

Spiritually Recharged On My Favorite Day Of The Week.

Yesterday was my favorite Sunday so far. 
I felt like I was literally being spiritually fed.
Like I was literally eating up every single word.

It started off with some extremely weird testimonies.
One was a 15 minute story about a man who loved Pumpkin Pie. (I still don't know why it was told).
Another was about how a girl was cold, so she prayed it would be warm, and the next day felt like Spring. Like God warmed up the entire earth because she was cold.
It was all just really weird, and I felt really weird.

But then my spiritual giant of a fiance got up to bear his testimony. 
I may be a little biased, because I put him on a pedestal all day every day, but it was the best testimony I have ever heard in my life. 

I will share with you two things he said that absolutely rocked my world.
(not word-for-word because i'm not a magician).

1. "Watching your family or friends or people close to you make bad decisions is a hard thing to do. It would be really easy to let it bring you down or give up on people. But we all chose this plan in the beginning. We all chose to come to earth and to be tested and to make decisions. We all chose God. They chose God, too. And because they've chosen Him once before, they can choose Him again. I don't want to get to heaven and have them ask me why I didn't insist on them coming with me or why I didn't try harder to give them the truth. Now is not the time to keep my mouth closed."

2. "I love taking the Sacrament and remembering the promises I have made with my Heavenly Father. I think it is important we all remember the promises we made when we were baptized. What promises do you think we made to ourselves in the pre-existence as we watched Christ atone and suffer for us?" 

MIND BLOWING, RIGHT?!

So for the Cole-Quote-Of-The-Day, I am going to repeat the part that struck me the hardest.

"What promises do you think we made to ourselves in the pre-existence as we watched Christ atone and suffer for us?"

I eat up every word that man says. 

I always feel love for him, as I overly share with everyone. But there are two times I can remember being physically overwhelmed with love for him.
1. Listening to him bear his testimony.
2. Watching him give Chloe a blessing.

It is not a coincidence that I feel the most love for him when the Spirit is present. 

I love Sundays.



















No comments:

Post a Comment