Thursday, September 5, 2013

Pumpkin Oatmeal Muffins.

<a href="http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/4618287/?claim=wattpatfc9k">Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>

You guys are NEVER going to believe this.

I cooked something, at it turned out good.
Scratch that, I cooked something SEMI-HEALTHY and it turned out good.
WAIT, I cooked something healthy FROM SCRATCH and it turned out good.

Any when I say good, I mean I brought some for my dad at work, and he ate 2 in the span of 30 seconds.

CAN YOU EVEN BELIEVE THE WORDS COMING OUT OF MY MOUTH?!

We run out of milk and syrup ridiculously fast. Because cereal and pancakes are prettyyy much the only breakfasts we know how to make.

So I thought I would ignore my extremely flawed cooking skills, and try something new.

I know that I prepare for fall waaaaay too early.
I mean, I've been dressing for fall since…well…last fall.
I plan my Halloween costumes a year in advance.
And these muffins only add to my fall-obsession.
(Not to mention they made my house smell like heaven).

And I thought, hey, if AMANDA PETERSON could make these, I should probably post them, because that means anyone is capable of making them.

PUMPKIN OATMEAL MUFFINS (makes 9 muffins)
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup oats
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 1/4 cup canned pumpkin pie mix*
1 egg
1 tbsp canola oil
1/2 tsp cinnamon

*I only had pure pumpkin, so I used this recipe to make it into the mix:
**1/2 tsp per cup of batter**
^^^So I ended up using 2 teaspoons of it, and then bagging the rest for another time.
1 tbsp ground cinnamon
2 tsp ground ginger
1/2 tsp ground cloves
1/2 tsp allspice
1/2 tsp ground nutmeg

DIRECTIONS
Preheat oven to 375.
Coat muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray or line muffin cups.
Combine all ingredients in mixing bowl; blend well.
Pour batter evenly into muffin tins.
Bake for 18-20 minutes.
Optional: I sprayed a little spray butter on top after I pulled them out.

HEAVEN.
Happy-Way-Too-Early-Fall!



No comments:

Post a Comment