Thursday, June 27, 2013

What's Blogging?

All I do is work.
And all Cole does is work.
So I'm so sorry that I haven't had much to write about!
I still don't, really.
So bear with me. 

I can't believe we've almost been married for 5 months, though.
Seriously. 
"Time flies when you're having fun," and it moves even faster when you're married.

I swear, the only update I have is that I'm even happier than last time I posted.
Even though I work a LOT. 
And even though money is tight, because he's always training.
And even though I swear to you we never get enough sleep. 
The positive things in my life outweigh the negative things 100-1. 

I am married to my best friend. And I am more in love with him than I ever have been.
We just got to go on a family trip to St. George with his family.
My brother gets his mission call in the next few weeks. 
I get to work with my dad and my brother.
My license is officially un-suspended in a week ;) 
Cole has the job of his dreams, in the best department we could ever hope for. 
WE LOVE OUR WARD. 
And we have the ultimate new neighbors.

It would be extremely hard not to be this happy. 


And through these 5 months, there is still one thing I love the most.
I love sleep-cuddling. 
I'm trying my hardest not to sound cheesy, but I find myself smiling every night, because I just can't believe how lucky I am to be sleeping next to this man. 
Most times, I am so overwhelmed with gratitude, that it brings me to my knees, and I can't help but thank God for leading me to all this bliss and happiness and love. 

If the first year is the "hardest," I can't even imagine what the "easy years" are like. 

I'm always telling you how happy Cole makes me. 
But I still honestly believe that happiness is a choice. 
Not only did I choose Cole, but I am continually choosing God. 
No matter how happy Cole makes me, my marriage would be nothing without the relationship I have with my Heavenly Father, first and foremost. 

Waking up early on our only day off of work to go to church is hard.
Trying to keep track of how much money you both are making, and then paying tithing, is a new hardship.
Having Family Home Evening when you both work full-time sometimes seems impossible.
Keeping your house clean enough to feel the spirit drains me just thinking about it. 
But I can do hard things and be happy, or take the easy way out and slowly become miserable.
I have been a prime example of that in my teenage years, and I continue learning that same lesson everyday in my marriage with Cole. 

You guys.
I love Cole.
I love the spirit. 
I love my Heavenly Father. 
I love my family. 
I love Cole's family.
I love laughing my head off with my husband at 2:00 in the morning, even though we both have work in the morning.
I love sleep-cuddling. 
I love that I've started surrounding myself with positive people and uplifting spirits. 
And I love that I get an eternity of this! 

Hahah. So much for not having anything to blog about, huh? 
When in doubt, count your blessings, I guess!

Enough of the deep stuff!
On a completely different note, enjoy these videos of our trip to St. George. 
I wasn't kidding when I say we could find a way to have fun laying in cow poop.
 







No comments:

Post a Comment