Thursday, June 6, 2013

My Master Of All Trades.

Ever heard the phrase: "Jack of all trades, master of none?"

OK. Well I married a MASTER of all trades. Seriously.
He is good at everything he does.

SOMETIMES IT DRIVES ME CRAZY.
Like when we play on a coed softball team, and we both suck the first game, and then by the second game he is one of the best ones on the team, and I STILL SUCK.

But sometimes it REALLY works to my advantage.
Like when he makes cute things for my house.

One day I was on Pinterest, and I saw a kitchen that had a "restaurant booth," but reupholstered. I thought it was the most clever idea in the world.
Now, obviously my house is not this beautiful.
And obviously I do not have a breakfast nook to place my booth in.
So Cole, being the unrealistically creative boy he is, decided to make one that would fit in with my ghetto kitchen, and the decorations I already had. 
[I picked out the fabric. He is the ultimate builder in the world, but he leaves the girly parts to me.]
Can't get any better than that, right?!
WRONG.
He continuously gets better. 

My wonderful husband works at Osmond Design. He builds and moves and delivers the furniture. 
Which is why we'll never have to buy weights. 
ANYWAY.
He delivered this baby the other day. It cost around $200.00.
And. My husband being the way he is - his first instinct was immediately, "I could build this."
I can't tell you how many times I hear him say that.
We will walk past a shed or a waterfall, and I just wait for him to say, "I could build that."
So when he told me this time, I was sort of hesitant.
1. Right. Sure you can build a $200.00 rustic flag.
2. I hadn't seen what it looked like, so I was reaaaally dreading having a GIANT AMERICAN FLAG in my house - although we do love America more than most people. 

I will never doubt him again.
Because this is how it turned out.
AND I HAVE NEVER LOVED ANYTHING MORE IN MY LIFE.
And also, it cost him $1.00 to make. (Plus an hour of math and layouts, and 3 hours of building it).


I love my flag.
I love my husband.
And I love the way my house is starting to turn out. 

ALL HAIL THE DIY BUILDING MASTER OF THE WORLD!




4 comments:

  1. I AM IN LOVE WITH ITTTTTTT.
    when i have my own house, I AM PAYING HIM TO MAKE ME ONE.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What did he use to antique it? LOVE your blog. Post more often! (:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm actually not sure how he does it! He just somehow knows how to do everything.
      He's selling them if you're interested!
      xoxo.

      Delete