Monday, May 13, 2013

Trip To Moab.

Holy cow. I have so much to catch up on. Sorry I've been a WEENIE blogger.
My life is moving at the speed of light, and I just can't seem to keep up with it!

Cole finished the Police Academy, we took a graduation trip to Moab, we have his graduation and his graduation party on Wednesday, my brother got the priesthood, his brother had a birthday.
THIS IS ALL IN THE SPAN OF ONE WEEK.
Not to mention, I SWEAR to you we have a wedding reception or bridal shower EVERY SINGLE WEEKEND.
This is just the craziest time of year.
But I really do love it!

OK, so this weekend we went to Moab for Cole's graduation trip.
Can I just tell you, it was WAY prettier than we thought it would be?
We could NOT get over the scenery.
I think we commented on how pretty or cool it was AT LEAST once every 10 minutes.
I don't know when I FINALLY started appreciating the beauty of nature, but nature sure deserves it.







 

EVERYONE who goes to Moab either goes to the Arches or Canyonlands, right?
Well we decided to spice it up a little.
And if you are planning a trip to Moab soon, I SUGGEST YOU READ THE REST OF THIS BLOG POST.

We stayed at a place called, "Ken's Lake."
HERE is the information for it.

Our campground was surrounded by a lake, a waterfall, and some SERIOUSLY amazing hikes and four-wheeling trails. There was not even any need for a car.













It was $12.00 a night to camp there. And seriously worth every penny, due to the fact that we never even went anywhere else, besides up the mountains and to the lake.

Next time we go to Moab, we will go straight back there.

One of the funnest parts about our trip was fishing.
Even though the movement of casting the line as hard as you possibly can so it will go more than 10 feet, OVER and OVER and OVER again for hours, left me with a million sore muscles - IT WAS SO RELAXING.
And I am convinced there is nothing more exciting than feeling the tug of a fish on the end of a line you have been casting for 2 hours. NOTHING.












Cleaning it and cutting it wasn't my favorite part of the whole experience. I kept getting strong flashbacks of Anatomy with Ammaron. And though I love Ammaron, I sure do HATE Anatomy. So my wonderful husband was more than happy to do all the work.

I just will never understand how something so slimy and stinky can turn into something so DELICIOUS. Then again, everything tastes better when you're camping.




Speaking of that, you guys will never be able to fathom the love I have for tin foil dinners. I am determined to convince Cole to let me buy a small firepit to put in our backyard, so we can have tin foil dinners at least every day. 



For this particular meal, Cole marinated the chicken in Italian Dressing for a couple days before we left to Moab. It is HANDS DOWN one of the best pieces of chicken I have ever had. 



Oh, I guess this is my fishing tip I learned for you: If you are ever fishing for Trout, buy spinners as bait. They look like flies and they glide across the TOP of the water, and they are just pure gold.

On an entirely different note altogether: I have been thinking. I used to get way annoyed with Cole when we were dating. Because he wanted to be with me every second of every day, and I had a really hard time giving up my alone time. I loved being alone and reading or catching up on my TV shows or just thinking. I also had a hard time not inviting my friends to come everywhere with us. Because I had been with my friends every single day for the past…I don't even know how long. And it was hard for me to leave the people who were like family to me. 
This is one of the ways I have changed most drastically in the past 6 months. I love being alone with Cole. He is always offering to invite my friends or family to go with us places, but I just can't get myself to give up my alone time with Cole. We just are best friends, guys. I know you guys always see pictures and videos of us laughing - and that's the thing. It's not posed or forced. I just SERIOUSLY spend every second of every day laughing my head off with my favorite person. 
So it's safe to say I loved Moab. I absolutely just ATE UP every second of my Cole-time. 










I will end this post with this:
We get all our hiking gear from HERE , and it hasn't disappointed us ONCE, if you're ever looking for good hiking shoes or canteens or anything like that! 

XOXO.



No comments:

Post a Comment