Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Costa Rican Family

We got to house-sit/dog-sit for TEN DAYS.
It was honestly the greatest blessing.

We have been having HUGE issues with our neighbors and the landlord. 
So it was the greatest thing in the world to be able to spend "spring break" in a quiet house, by ourselves.
It definitely has sparked the house-hunting fire.

After babysitting the dogs for 10 days, I sure can live without one for awhile.
But, it just made Cole want one even more.
DANGIT CALLIE. Why did you have to be best friends with my husband all week?
So I guess a puppy is in the near future.





We went shopping at the Outlet Mall, where we discovered Cole likes to spend money even more than I do. Luckily, we both have wonderful full-time jobs that allow us to love spending money. But we know, someday we'll have kids and this won't happen anymore. But for right now, we're milking it for all it's worth! 
Cole got new boots that he wears to work, to play, and to bed. It's safe to say it was our best purchase.
I got some "cop's wife sunglasses." Cole loves them a little too much ;)
We also went on a bike-ride. It was so refreshing. And also so good for Amanda's out-of-shape bod. 





I woke up on Sunday morning realizing that I dress exactly like my mom. So. That was different. 

The highlights of our Conference:

This is ravioli from Costco. We make creamy pesto sauce to go on top. And it is by far our favorite meal. 
This was my favorite quote of all the sessions. Because service saved my life, and saved my relationship with God.

Cole's favorite quote of the sessions was this:
"It takes two to contend, and I will not be one of them."
I was actually almost really surprised when they said it, because he said almost Cole's exact words. He has been showing me this our whole relationship, and because of it, we do not fight.
You think I'm kidding, but I'm not. 
Sometimes I fight with him. But he never fights back. And it makes my fighting immediately seem small and stupid and I'm over it in 2 minutes. 
I didn't know this method existed. But it does, and let me tell ya - IT WORKS.


Living here for ten days, I pretty much just stopped at stared at my mom's house every 3 hours. 
It looks like it is straight out of a magazine.
So here's some custom Pinterest pictures for ya, straight out of Wendy Call's house.
And, YES. There is a brick wall in her bedroom. GENIUS. 
And, yes. She did make the desk in her room. GENIUS.











So, as you can tell, it is going to be EXTREMELY hard for me to leave the place I love most again.
But it was even harder for me to be away from my family for 10 days without calling or texting,
so it's safe to say that I am ECSTATIC for them to come back tonight.



No comments:

Post a Comment