Sunday, January 13, 2013

Hope.

If this blog is a blog of honesty, I will honestly admit that I am scared to go through the temple. I don't know what to expect, and the unknown scares me.

But today my dad taught our Sunday School lesson about the Atonement, and he said something that struck me.

He said: "When I was little, and I would go up to the stand and bear my testimony, I didn't necessarily KNOW what I was saying was true; but I hoped it was." He continued to talk about how that's how you gain a testimony. You hope that the things you've been taught are true, and that the end result is right.

That calmed my fears.
I don't necessarily KNOW what it's going to be like to be sealed to Cole Peterson for Time & Eternity in the most sacred building on the planet.

But I hope.
And that is enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment